South Africa Powerball
- South Africa Powerball was launched in 2009, with the first game of this most famous Africa lottery, which soon gained an enviable popularity in many countries around the world.
- Key features of SA Powerball:
- Players have to select five numbers from 1 to 50 from the first block of numbers and a single number between 1 and 20 from an additional block of numbers;
- The minimum National Lottery SA jackpot is ZAR 3 million, equivalent to approximately $175,000 US;
- Powerball Lotto South Africa draws are held twice a week — on Tuesdays and Fridays;
- The odds of winning the minimum lottery prize of the last category are 1:35.
The maximum size of the jackpot played in the entire history of the African version of the lottery was ZAR 103 million.
- USA Powerball lottery was first held in 1992. Since then, its format has changed several times, but the basic principles for conducting draws remain unchanged to this day. In the event that any global changes affect the rules or conditions of the lottery draws, you will immediately be informed of this through an announcement on our portal.
- It was in the American Powerball lottery that a system with two drums was used for the first time during the draws to extract the winning numbers. The number of balls in each drum has changed several times since then, but the number of drums has remained the same to this day. Now the format of Powerball drawing is as follows:
- The player chooses five numbers from 69 white balls and one number from 26 red balls;
- In the USA Powerball lottery, the minimum jackpot starts at $20,000,000 (before the crisis associated with the coronavirus pandemic 2020, the minimum size of the Powerball jackpot was $40,000,000);
- Lottery draws are held twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The minimum odds of winning the lowest prize in the lottery are 1:24.9.
Note that the largest jackpot in the history of Powerball and all American lotteries was $1.6 billion.
Exciting USA Powerball Lottery Stories
The Biggest Jackpot In Powerball History
If no player matches the 6 numbers, the jackpot amount for that draw is rolled over to the next one. In January 2016, the Jackpot amount for that draw had amounted to an enormous $1,586,400,000. Three lucky players had matched the numbers right, one from Florida, a couple from Tennessee and another couple from California. As a general rule, if more than one player hits the jackpot, the amount is divided equally among them. In this particular draw, they all walked away with $327.8 million, (before taxation). They also had an option get the amount in 30 annual payments but chose to pick it in a lump sum.
The Massive $758.7 Million win
At the end of summer, in August 2017, a 53-year-old Mavis Wanczyk won the second highest jackpot ever won in Powerball history. The hospital worker from Massachusetts bagged a mighty $758.7 million win. The most amazing part was the system she used to pick his lucky numbers. They were all numbers from her birth date, so maybe you could try this and await the lottery results tonight and try your luck too. This jackpot is actually the highest amount won by a single ticket.
Apart from the top two, there are many more occasions where excellent jackpot wins were made. In 2015, a resident of Michigan, known as Julie Leach won $310 million. She chose to get a lump sum amount and went home with $ 140 million. During the same year, three lucky players also won a $564 million jackpot that was divided amongst them.
Other Major Jackpots Won In Powerball
On May 18, 2013, a very lucky Gloria Mackenzie won the only winning ticket for the $590 million dollar jackpot. The 84-year-old explained how while she was purchasing the ticket another player was kind enough to let her pass the queue to purchase the winning ticket. In the previous year, on 28 November, two lucky players get to win and split the $587.5 million win.
on 15th February 2015, three lucky players, Andrew Weber, Marie Holmes and an anonymous player from Puerto Rico won the $559.7 million jackpot. Staying anonymous when you win the lottery is also an option, as long as you present the winning ticket to the Powerball team which at Multilotto is done for you for the mini draws and deposited into your account. A single ticket won the Powerball draw on 6th January 2018 and was worth $559.7 million.